WALL AND ROOF FRAMES
Driven by his passion and commitment to quality, Director/Owner George Milatos focused his creative mind on inventing a building system that could keep people safe in their own homes when disasters like cyclones and earthquakes strike.
A new roll-formed interlocking structural panel frame that when fixed together, can be wall or roof framing and you finish wall internally painted in the colour of your choice.
The D.B.S. frame has been rigorously tested for extreme weather conditions from cyclones and earthquakes by the University of Adelaide Engineering and Research testing facilities in South Australia.
The D.B.S. frame has proven to be two times stronger and more rigid than the N.T. Building Code Requirement of 3.5 kPa per 1m2.
Please click to see the D.B.S. Frame in 3D and photos of the raw unpainted frame and painted.
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER JOHN SCOTT SAYS
I am impressed with the inherent strength of the D.B.S. frame when it is fixed to become the wall/roof framing system and if painted your finished wall or ceiling face.
The versatility of the D.B.S. frame where it can be used for wall or roof framing is an attractive and innovative feature.
We believe this product will perform structurally well and provide builders and their clients time and cost savings. The system is easy to use and erect.
It is also environmentally friendly, with unlimited uses.John Scott
MKEA ARCHITECT P/L DIRECTOR ARCHITECT STEVEN EHRLICH SAYS
D.B.S. P/L has developed a new roll formed and interlocking metal panel that, when fixed together, can be used either a wall framing and internal finished wall or a roof framing system and ceiling panel ready to be painted.
The advantage of this panel is that it does not require a separate framing system as when fixed together, the panels are ready to receive external wall linings or the roof sheeting.
We believe this product has excellent potential for use in most types of construction.
It would be especially suited for remote area construction as frames can be flat packed for transport to the site.
Being able to erect wall and roof framing whilst at the same time, providing an internal cladding finish will save time and cost is ideal also for shade structures and sheds.
The high strength steel and colour bond finish provides a material that will look smart and last for years before requiring any maintenance.
The options for the use of the material is only limited by the imagination of your architect or designer.STEVEN EHRLICH
D.B.S. Wall and Roof Frames
The D.B.S. frame is unique in many ways. Here are ten good reasons why you should use a D.B.S. frame for your next project.
- A solid 1.2mm thick steel wall panel, where every joint at 450mm centers is a double stud 2.4 mm thick.
- Tested at the Adelaide University to withstand forces of over 7.5 kpa per 1m2.
- You can paint the face of the panel and save the cost to gyprock or other linings.
- You can apply 450mm x 100mm insulwool in the panel cavity with no other support.
- Or apply 6.5m Aircell externally before the wall cladding, creating two cavities you get the best in energy efficiency. Always consult with your energy efficiency consultants.
- The D.B.S. frame is safe. When it is used as a roofing frame, you can walk on it; thus, eliminating the risk of falling through trusses.
- D.B.S. frame is 100mm deep, and it will easily hide the electrical conduits and plumbing pipes.
- Easy to fix on steel beam or concrete floor, as per our 3D images for houses, sheds, and shade structures.
- Can be used for almost anything.
- For best results, follow your structural engineers’ advise like we do!!
6.5 AIR SENSINS
DBS ROOF FRAME
FIXED TO TOP PLATE WITH 4 RIDGE CAPPING SCREWS 14G WITH WASHER PER PANEL
6.5 AIR CELL INSULATION
DBS WALL FRAME ( WINDOW HEAD)
DBS WALL FRAME DBS 3P 1350W x 2700H
DBS WALL FRAME (WINDOW SILL)
FIXING TO STEEL BEAM OR CONCRETE FLOOR AT 900mm MAX
1350 DBS 1350mm WALL FRAME
900 DBS 900mm WALL FRAME
ROOF SHEETING FIXED TO DEEM TO COMPLY
DBS WALL FRAME
DBS 1.2mm PLATE
FIX PANELS @ 600mm CRS
OR STEEL BEAM
FIX PANELS @ 600mm CRS
PAINT FINISH INTERNAL PANELS DBS WALL FRAME EXTERNAL FACE
PANEL IS FIXED TO TOP & BOTTOM PLATE WITH 12G NECK SCREWS
150 DEEP 12mm BOLT CAST OR CHEMSET @ 900crs
INTERNAL ELEVATION DETAIL
DBS ROOF FRAME PANEL FIXED TO TOP PLATE WITH 4 x 14G RIDGE CAPPING SCREWS AND WASHER
EXTERNAL CLADDING CUSTOMORB OR OTHER
DBS WALL FRAME FIX TO STEEL BEAM WITH 75x75x3 STEEL WASHER WITH 2 x 14G TEK SCREWS TO MAIN BEAM
6.5 AIR CELL INSULATION
EXTERNAL WALL VIEW
4×12 G TEK SCREWS
12 G TEK SCREWS
DBS WALL FRAME 12mm BASE PLATE FIXING WASHER @ 900crs 75x75x3mm WITH 1 x M12 BOLT CAST IN CONCRETE